LEMA LEMA: EVA SALINA SINGS ŠABAN BAJRAMOVIĆ. out now on VOGITON RECORDS!
BREAKING NEWS: Eva Salina performing at MIKSER FESTIVAL in Belgrade on June 11th, a special guest singer in an all-star Šaban tribute evening!!! Stay tuned for more details.
5/2/16: Eva & LEMA LEMA profiled on Serbian Women’s magazine Lepota i Zdravlje, interviewed by Milena Raić.
2/26/2016: LEMA LEMA hit #2 on CMJ New World/Jazz Charts! As of 5/10/16 the album is in its 16TH WEEK on the chart!)
All Publicity Inquiries: Devon Léger
“La voix d’Eva a mûris comme un fruit divin prêt a être dévorer, un bon vin plein de soleil, un plaisir pour les oreilles.”–DJ Gaëtano Fabri
3/14/16: Feature on Eva and LEMA LEMA on Južne Vesti, Southern Serbian media outlet.
Click the picture above to go to iTunes.
Physical and Digital also available from CDbaby.
- Eva Salina featured on John Schaefer’s Soundcheck WNYC Weekly Music Round Up: 2/8/16. Listen Below!
THE PRESS SPEAKS UP ABOUT LEMA LEMA:
- 3/18/16: fRoots Magazine includes “Hovavni romni” in their April 2016 Festival Edition mixtape & their “Songs We Like” playlist.
- 2/9/16: SOUNDCHECK WNYC’s Weekly Music Roundup, in great company with the Gloaming, Ben Sollee, and of course Beyoncé.
- 2/11/16: PopMatters premieres “I barval pudela” on the album’s release date!
- 2/13/16: World Music Central, Angel Romero reviews LEMA LEMA.
- 2/14/16: Kitka’s Song of the Month: “Jek jek dešujek”, free download with lyrics and translation to the song!!!
- 2/15/16: NO DEPRESSION Album review: “Something Different–And Great!…The record is a triumph. Salina…sings passionately and powerfully. And though she delivers the songs entirely in the Romani language, she conveys the emotion in their lyrics, which cover the same sorts of topics that American country music addresses, including drinking, marital spats, and adultery.”
- 1/10/16 on NPR’s Weekend Edition Sunday, speaking with Rachel Martin about the new album and other things.
- The Green Man Review. “…an amazing recording of Balkan Romani (Gypsy) music that’s filled with contradiction and paradox…assured and grounded…as you can see and hear, Eva Salina is the real thing.”
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE & WORKSHOP CALENDAR:
- 5/18: Eva Salina solo at Roots n Ruckus, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
- 5/21: Eva Salina with Choban Elektrik at the Balkan Wassail, Stone Ridge, NY.
- 5/22: Singing Workshop with Eva Salina, Kingston, NY. Private home, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place. $20-40 sliding scale.
- 5/28: Eva Salina solo at Troubadour of Brooklyn at the Frost Theatre, Brooklyn, NY.
- 6/17-19: Eva Salina at Wanderlust Stratton, VT.
- 6/29: Eva Salina Solo at the opening of Accordions Around the World, Bryant Park, Manhattan, NY. 6-8pm.
- 8/15-21: Eva Salina COOKING at Folk Camp, Grafton, Ontario, Canada.
- 8/31: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at the Accordion Festival in Bryant Park, Manhattan, NY.
EVA SALINA & PETER STAN CALIFORNIA TOUR (7/14-24):
Please inquire directly (email@example.com) for Radio interviews and additional engagements (concerts & workshops).
- 7/14-15: CALIFORNIA WORLDFEST, Grass Valley, CA
- 7/15-16: WANDERLUST SQUAW VALLEY, Squaw Valley, CA
- 7/20: RED POPPY ART HOUSE, San Francisco CA
- 7/21: DON QUIXOTE’S, 7:30pm Santa Cruz/Felton, CA
- 7/22: MALABOMBA (w/ El Haru-Kuroi, DJ Savvy) Los Angeles, CA
- 7/23: MORYORK GALLERY (w/ Dorian Wood) Highland Park/LA, CA
- 7/24: MUSEUM OF JURASSIC TECHNOLOGY, 2 shows, 7 and 9pm. Culver City/LA, CA
Purchase LEMA LEMA on CDbaby:
- 5/14: Eva Salina solo at Ali Dineen’s Ladies’ Night, The Owl Music Parlor, Brooklyn, NY.
- 5/7: Eva Salina sings Šaban Bajramović, Mikser House, Belgrade, Serbia
- 4/29: OneBeat Istanbul final concert at Enerji Müsezi santralistanbul, Bilgi Universitesi, Istanbul
- 4/2: Jalopy Presents at the Music Inn: Eva Salina (solo)/Spirit Family Reunion/Meredith Axelrod.
- 3/27: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Sisters BKLYN.
- 3/25: Chorus Night: Yale Women’s Slavic Chorus and the Jalopy Chorus, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
- 3/24: Debut Performance of Fraydele at NY Klezmer Series, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
- 3/19: Eva Salina Balkan Songs Workshop: Repertoire and Technique. Kingston, NY.
- 3/16: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Roots n Ruckus, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
- 3/10/16 (Thurs): Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Bard Hall, Bard College
- 3/4/16 (Fri): Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Jalopy Presents: Free Music Fridays at the American Folk Art Museum.
- 3/3/16 (Thurs): Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Barbès, Brooklyn.
- 2/17/16 (Weds): EVA SALINA solo at Roots n Ruckus.
- 2/2/16: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Bar LunÀtico, Brooklyn, NY.
- 1/17/16: EEFC/DROM Golden Fest Afterparty, DROM, NYC.
- 1/16/16: Zlatne Uste’s Golden Festival, Brooklyn, NY
- 1/16/16: APAP Showcase. NY Midtown Hilton.
- 1/13/16: Album launch at Jalopy Theatre. Brooklyn, NY.