JUST IN! Eva Salina & Peter Stan are currently recording their duo album, to be released in very early 2016 on Eva’s VogitOn Records. STAY TUNED.
LEMA LEMA: EVA SALINA SINGS ŠABAN BAJRAMOVIĆ. is out now on VOGITON RECORDS and spent 23 Weeks on the CMJ New World & Jazz Charts, peaking at #2!!
All Publicity Inquiries:
Devon Léger email@example.com 206.557.4447
“La voix d’Eva a mûris comme un fruit divin prêt a être dévorer, un bon vin plein de soleil, un plaisir pour les oreilles.”–DJ Gaëtano Fabri
Recent European PRESS!
–> Czech publication Česky Rozhlas (9/19/16)
–> Review in Italian publication Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso–Transeuropa (8/23/16)
–>Miljenko Jergović finds LEMA LEMA in Triumvirate Music Shop in Belgrade and writes this lovely article about it (and me) in the Croatian Jutarnji List (7/24/16)
–>In-depth interview with Aleksandar Roknić in Serbian newspaper DANAS (7/3/16)
Click the picture above to go to iTunes.
Physical and Digital also available from CDbaby.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE & WORKSHOP CALENDAR:
- 9/24: Eva Salina Solo at Brooklyn Americana Music Festival, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn, NY.
- 9/25: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Crossroads Music Series, Philadelphia, PA. With special guests from West Philadelphia Orchestra!
- 10/14: Singing Workshop & Performance, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT.
- 10/23: Eva & Peter at Jalopy; Triple Bill with Sharq Attack and a wonderful band from Istanbul (to be announced soon). Jalopy Theatre & School of Music, Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY.
Eva Salina featured on John Schaefer’s Soundcheck WNYC Weekly Music Round Up: 2/8/16. Listen Below!
THE PRESS SPEAKS UP ABOUT LEMA LEMA:
- 6/11: Eva Salina performed at MIKSER FESTIVAL in Belgrade on June 11th, a special guest singer in an all-star Šaban tribute evening!!!
- 5/27/16: Eva & LEMA LEMA reviewed in Italian culture blog Blogfoolk.
- 5/27/16: Great Review in Off-Center Views music blog.
- 5/2/16: Eva & LEMA LEMA profiled on Serbian Women’s magazine Lepota i Zdravlje, interviewed by Milena Raić.
- 5/18/16: LEMA LEMA hit #7 on the Roots Music Report World Chart (its 5th Week on the chart) and #25 on the May edition of the Transglobal World Music Chart.
- 3/14/16: Feature on Eva and LEMA LEMA on Južne Vesti, Southern Serbian media outlet.
- 3/18/16: fRoots Magazine includes “Hovavni romni” in their April 2016 Festival Edition mixtape & their “Songs We Like” playlist.
- 2/26/2016: LEMA LEMA hit #2 on CMJ New World/Jazz Charts! –As of 6/24 the album has spent 21 weeks on the Chart!
- 2/9/16: SOUNDCHECK WNYC’s Weekly Music Roundup, in great company with the Gloaming, Ben Sollee, and of course Beyoncé.
- 2/11/16: PopMatters premieres “I barval pudela” on the album’s release date!
- 2/13/16: World Music Central, Angel Romero reviews LEMA LEMA.
- 2/14/16: Kitka’s Song of the Month: “Jek jek dešujek”, free download with lyrics and translation to the song!!!
- 2/15/16: NO DEPRESSION Album review: “Something Different–And Great!…The record is a triumph. Salina…sings passionately and powerfully. And though she delivers the songs entirely in the Romani language, she conveys the emotion in their lyrics, which cover the same sorts of topics that American country music addresses, including drinking, marital spats, and adultery.”
- 1/10/16 on NPR’s Weekend Edition Sunday, speaking with Rachel Martin about the new album and other things.
- The Green Man Review. “…an amazing recording of Balkan Romani (Gypsy) music that’s filled with contradiction and paradox…assured and grounded…as you can see and hear, Eva Salina is the real thing.”
Purchase LEMA LEMA on CDbaby:
- 9/16: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Jalopy 10th Anniversary Festival.
- 9/13: Eva Salina & Peter Stan, Live at Penn Plaza.
- 9/7: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Bar Lunàtico, Brooklyn, NY.
- 8/31: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at the Accordion Festival in Bryant Park, Manhattan, NY.
- 8/15-21: Eva Salina COOKING at Folk Camp, Grafton, Ontario, Canada.
- 8/13: Trunk Sale “Treasures from a Turkish Bath” at EEFC’s Balkan Camp, Rock Hill, NY.
- 7/14-15: CALIFORNIA WORLDFEST, Grass Valley, CA
- 7/15-17: WANDERLUST SQUAW VALLEY, Squaw Valley, CA
- 7/20: RED POPPY ART HOUSE, San Francisco, CA
- 7/21: DON QUIXOTE’S, 7:30pm Santa Cruz/Felton, CA
- 7/22: MALABOMBA (w/ El Haru-Kuroi, DJ Savvy) Los Angeles, CA
- 7/23: HI HAT (w/ Dorian Wood) Highland Park/LA, CA
- 7/24: Romani Singing Workshop Culver City, LA, CA
- 7/24: Museum of Jurassic Technology, Culver City, LA, CA
8/7: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Friendship Day Celebration, Downtown Brooklyn, NY
7/6: Eva Salina solo at Accordions Around the World, Bryant Park, Manhattan, NY. 6pm.
7/5: Eva Salina w/ Fraydele at Barbes, Brooklyn, NY. 7pm.
6/29: Eva Salina Solo at the Accordion Picnic! –opening of Accordions Around the World, Bryant Park, Manhattan, NY. 6-8pm.
6/25: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Jalopy International Music Festival, Jalopy Theatre, Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY.
6/24: Jalopy Chorus at Jalopy International Music Festival, Jalopy Theatre, Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY.
6/17-19: Eva Salina at Wanderlust Stratton, VT.
6/11: Eva Salina at MIKSER Festival, Belgrade, Serbia. Appearing as featured vocalist with Crne Mambe.
5/28: Eva Salina solo at Troubadour of Brooklyn at the Frost Theatre, Brooklyn, NY.
5/22: Singing Workshop with Eva Salina, Kingston, NY.
5/21: Eva Salina with Choban Elektrik at the Balkan Wassail, Stone Ridge, NY.
5/18: Eva Salina solo at Roots n Ruckus, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
5/14: Eva Salina solo at Ali Dineen’s Ladies’ Night, The Owl Music Parlor, Brooklyn, NY.
5/7: Eva Salina sings Šaban Bajramović, Mikser House, Belgrade, Serbia
4/29: OneBeat Istanbul final concert at Enerji Müsezi santralistanbul, Bilgi Universitesi, Istanbul
4/2: Jalopy Presents at the Music Inn: Eva Salina (solo)/Spirit Family Reunion/Meredith Axelrod.
3/27: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Sisters BKLYN.
3/25: Chorus Night: Yale Women’s Slavic Chorus and the Jalopy Chorus, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
3/16: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Roots n Ruckus, Jalopy, Brooklyn, NY.
2/2/16: Eva Salina & Peter Stan at Bar LunÀtico, Brooklyn, NY.
1/17/16: EEFC/DROM Golden Fest Afterparty, DROM, NYC.
1/16/16: Zlatne Uste’s Golden Festival, Brooklyn, NY
1/16/16: APAP Showcase. NY Midtown Hilton.
1/13/16: Album launch at Jalopy Theatre. Brooklyn, NY.